AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blu ray/hd-dvd rom drive from my pc running thru dvi to my 37" sharp 1080p lcd... ive never got my hd dvds to work since all the software companies are practically making it extinct like it never existed... i got some movies on clearance to try it out but doesnt recognize them since no software is acknowledging them... i have power dvd 8 ultra and power director 7... still no luck... any help would be really appreciated... thanks

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Legally? Not sure if it's possible. Your best bet would be to hunt down an older version of PowerDVD (I think 7.3 is what I used)

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have both Nero(not the greatest) and Cyberlink(Pretty good) that I use for my blu ray player and when I've hooked up my hddvd add on to my notebook. Both of these worked. Not sure if support has been dropped but I bought my software early last year

·
Registered
4,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo007gt /forum/post/15568705

I have a blu ray/hd-dvd rom drive from my pc running thru dvi to my 37" sharp 1080p lcd... ive never got my hd dvds to work since all the software companies are practically making it extinct like it never existed... i got some movies on clearance to try it out but doesnt recognize them since no software is acknowledging them... i have power dvd 8 ultra and power director 7... still no luck... any help would be really appreciated... thanks

Power DVD 7.3 will do it. So will WinDVD 8 and ArcSoft Total Media. You probably want to check out ArcSoft, as it will supposedly play files from a hard drive.

Nero no longer sells their HD DVD plugin.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Arcsoft TMT and WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray are the only options available for sale.

You can buy an LG GGC-H20L if you want Power DVD 7.3 Ultra OEM. That has the benefit of getting a drive and software for slightly more than the cost of software alone. Downfall is that the software is OEM.

For free, you can use MPC-HC, ffdshow, and some video codecs but are limited to a complicated set up and only be able to play the movie (no special features or menus).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts