AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the audio side of my Home Theatre search is over it was time to start on the video side. I have wanted a Front projection system ever since I saw a SharpVision system about 10 years ago. No the picture wasn't that great but it was big, no HUGE. Well days became weeks, weeks became months and well months became 10 years later and still no Front projector. While searching through the Audio Review site I found a whole new world - AVSForum.com. This is just what I had been looking for. I read long and hard, every post I could find. The NEC LT-150 yeah that's the one for me; now, what about the screen???? I looked high and low, left and right. I found Stewart, no problem, Da-lite, Draper, VuTec all no problem but this DIY screen I just could not find. I tried DIY.com, DIYscreens.com DIYthisandthat.com but to no avail I could not find them anywhere. They had to be good, too many people had them. I had to have them. Surely a company this large has a web site. I have even seen where they have speakers, computers and everything you could imagine for home theatre. I got so frustrated I figured I would just get some screen material and "Dooooo iittttt myyyyyselffff" Duh. Oh what sleep deprivation has done to me. In all seriousness is there a list of acronyms around here that the forum uses. For a newbie this might be very helpful also a nice little HT dictionary would be great. If there is no such animal and someone is up to the challenge and not doing anything for the next few years, here is your invite. Or maybe we (newbies) can just ask if ya'll promise not to laugh remember sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees. By the way what is that link to DIY anyway???????

Thanks to all here, ya'll have been very helpful.

Ken

P.S. Oh Alan and David sorry if I broke ya'lls spell check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am glad somebody gets it anyway. BTW Pi, I enjoy foreign films as much as the next person; does your post come with subtitles??? BTW DYKT Pie aren't squared, it are round.

Ya'll take care,

Ken

·
Registered
950 Posts
BTW Ken, DYJHIW that happens?!!

Although HT PJ's have progressed since your first experience in the HT domain, there are many of us LT 150 owners, using either an HTPC, QScan or CI scaler.

AIUI, instead of a DIY screen, BTDT,

using a Da-lite, model B, HG screen,(2.8) would increase PQ!

FWIS, the PQ is quite good, of course YMMV, but the PQ on this screen is truly amazing with this PJ!

Now if you add a good PVR, with a 20 GIG HD, you'll be in HH!!

You can never have too many toys in your HT, espescially if you have BB!

FWIW, I'd invest in the Model B, 'cause the BWQ from Grant Smyth, is that the HG Screen is truly great FYE, IYSWIM!!

AFAICT, IIRC, having taken his advice, I can attest to Grants expertise!

Of course, there's the GIGO theory that may affect PQ, but again, YMMV according to the source material.

HTH. CUL.

LOL! VB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.