AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am having a strange distortion of my picture/image on my Optima HD20. The video is show a "watery" or wavy effect, almost like looking at a rippling pool of water. It occurs on the right half of the image, mostly in the right/top quadrant but spills into the bottom as well. Can anyone give me an idea what might cause this.

The projector is less than one year old.

I did a search through the forum and didn't spot anything that fit my problem. It may be just that I don't know how to properly describe the issue. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If you've tried different sources and it's still there, I'd just RMA it. It's less than one year old so it should be covered by a warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought would put a reply in to help future forum searchers. It appears (after further research) the problem was a venting issue and hot air was swirling in front of the mirror or bulb. This post is a better description than mine for the effect: http://www.avsforum.com/t/956285/hd70-swirly-plasma-like-distortion .

The issue sorted itself out for now anyway. The only change I did was to move the lens cap from hanging down on its tie to sitting on top of the projector. I have it ceiling mounted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts