AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out model this SVS Cylinder is. The following pictures are of my sub, all except the last one that's just to show you how the port looks like. I can't seem to find anything that matches the plate amp look and the single port. It is also 44 inch tall, taller than my Yamah NS 777 speakers.

I bought it used for $150 and the seller didn't have any more info than what I have right now. You guys have any idea what model this is?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Older tube type SVS products were described with the tuned frequency and then the height of the cabinet. I owned four 20-39 PCPlus subs, which were tuned for 20Hz and were 39 inches tall. They had the PCPlus BASH amp.

Seems like there was a 16-46 unit around the same time, so that could be it. The taller subs would play deeper, but not as loud as the shorter units. They units shipped with a simple paper sticker that had the model and serial numbers. Most didn't stay 'stuck' for very long.

Google "SVS 16-46" - lots of hits.

I'd have paid $150 for it, and I don't need another sub...I have a pair of SVS PB12- Plus/2's. You got a great deal.

·
Vendor
6,218 Posts
I'm trying to find out model this SVS Cylinder is. The following pictures are of my sub, all except the last one that's just to show you how the port looks like. I can't seem to find anything that matches the plate amp look and the single port. It is also 44 inch tall, taller than my Yamah NS 777 speakers.

I bought it used for $150 and the seller didn't have any more info than what I have right now. You guys have any idea what model this is?
That looks like a 16-46PC.

about 16.5hz tune, should be like 45.5" tall, 16.5" wide, around 48 pounds(?) single 4" flared port.

You got a steal..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.