AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the system onto my satellite, and everything is working. However, rather than starting in the menu screen, it starts with a demo of the showstopper (lady talking about the benefits of showstopper, blah blah blah).

I assume that since this was an open box, it was played with. So I was reading the manual to change the settings (dialup, code, etc) and it tells me to hit menu on the controller. Did that, and it didn't work. While the demo is running, the only thing that the controller allows me to do is stop, pause, play, forward, and rewind. Other than that nothing else. Please help me set up my replayTV. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Been so long since I've booted up a new showstopper. Sounds like the welcome video was being played at the store and they never stopped it. Anyway there isn't any control or setting that locks you in that intro show that I know of. It is simply a recorded program that you access by hitting the "Guide" button on the remote. When you hit "stop" the screen should change to a blue Replay tv screen. After the movie is stopped you should be able to bring up channel guide, menu, zones etc. If the replay will not respond to the remote (you say it does) just hit the "hard disk recorder" button to make sure it is in that mode. If the remote doesn't work at all on the replay that's another matter. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.. it works.. but when I go into setup and click on "change dialing and input Settings" It says that "system configuration is unavailable in demo mode. what should i do?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Another good one. Not sure but my first thought is to delete the intro from the guide. Been a long time and I didn't run into any memerable roadblocks when I set mine up. If you are done with intro you will want to delete it anyway, it waste recording space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.