AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had this fixed but I don't. When I start my projector it turns on and I can see LED's and hear it running but no picture. Then when I send it a signal it shuts off and gives me a 2 digit code in the back display "PF" (the F is upside down and backwards.) If I cut the power a few times eventually it will project. Or if I turn it on about a half hours in advance it will work just fine, but I don't want to deal with that. When someone drops by and wants to see my HT it is extremely embarrassing. Please help, it's got to be some type of setting which I can't figure out. TIA

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is probably "Fd" in the back display. Fd means When protector circuit triggers for the HV circuit. There could be allot of things causing it. The Service manual gives these problems, Malfunction in the H-DEF or OSC or HV printed circuit boards or a broken crt or the CRT OUT board, VIDEO OUT board. If it is a "Fd" it dosen't look like it can be fixed by a simple flick of a switch or a push of a button. You can start by looking to see if the two LEDs in the DEF PWB are off or on?

Regards,

JASON

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.