AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 long years my wife is finally relenting and allowing me to purchase a new RPTV. Our basement is a couple weeks away from being finished. So I was wondering about peoples experiences buying in KC. I have had a bad experience with a major local vendor of RPTV's on another purchase and I dont wish to deal with them again. So I guess I am searching for a reputable source for my purchase. Any and all input appreciated. If you purchased yours from the internet and live in KC let me know how your purchase and service has been handled. I am interested in knowing.

THanx

JP :confused:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx havent heard of them before, do you know how they are on the service end? Will look around and see if they have a website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to give a strong recommendation to Kief's in Lawrence. I have purchased ALL of my HT equipment from them over the years and they have been fantastic.

I've never had to return anything, so I don't know about their repair service, but their customer service is amazing. They remember me by name and are always extremely friendly when I go in. They are willing to work with you on price, and have an outstanding selection.

Plus, they are a hometown owned and operated business. I recommend you give them a look.

Matt

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx Mat. I dont know the Lawrence area as well as I should, but I will give them a look soon. I still would like to know if anyone has had any service work done by them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jpinks,

Kiefs is good BUT.....

Before driving clear to Lawrence, try Continental Video @ 105th and Metcalf. They have Mits and Panasonic. Also Independence Audio in Independence for Sony and JVC. Stick with the smaller shops and youll be treated like you think you should and get lots of info.

As far as service work, none of these shops do service work. Overland TV, Fairway and Frick are the major shops in KC. Try them in that order.

Hope this helps

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.