AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very large old surround sound speakers. These are PSB speakers model 2B. They are the size of medium bookshelf speakers. All wood. No holes, nothing. How do you mount these surround speakers to a wall when all the speaker mounts sold today need for you to drill holes. These were expensive speakers, I will not drill holes in them. There must be solutions out there that people have done to mount these speakers. Some how, some way. If you know of any solution or idea to mount these I would love to know. They need to mount on a side or rear wall about 7 feet up. They need to point slightly down of course to the listening area. Maybe I should have went the cheap/easy way and just got the bose system with those tiny little speakers they use. Not sure how full range sound can come from a 2inch speaker....but whatever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could you put up little shelves for your speakers to sit on? A lip on the front of the shelf would let you angle the speakers downwards if you want.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhy
Could you put up little shelves for your speakers to sit on? A lip on the front of the shelf would let you angle the speakers downwards if you want.
Yup...only thing I can think of is shelves and maybe use velcro to make them stick to the shelf a little better.

·
Registered
726 Posts
There are some speciality mounts that that allow for tilting & that handle heavy speakers. The mounts are pricey though. Pivotelli is a brand that I used for my VonScheweikert TS350 surrounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.