AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just started learning and setting up a home theater.

Can somebody please let me know which spec speakers I need to get for the Pioneer receiver? i.e. how many "watts nominal and max." I can go up to.

Pioneer recevier spec:

Power Output: Watts per Channel ([email protected]) 80

Power Output: Watts per Channel ([email protected]) 110

Power Output: Watts per Channel ([email protected]) 125

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundlapalli5217 /forum/post/19569874

Hello,

I just started learning and setting up a home theater.

Can somebody please let me know which spec speakers I need to get for the Pioneer receiver? i.e. how many "watts nominal and max." I can go up to.

Pioneer recevier spec:

Power Output: Watts per Channel ([email protected]) 80

Power Output: Watts per Channel ([email protected]) 110

Power Output: Watts per Channel ([email protected]) 125

Thank you in advance.

it will generally only take about 5-10 watts to power a speaker ... also the most accurate will be the 20hz-20khz rating and unless otherwise noted that's 80 watts of power to 2 channels most likely . but like already said you really don't need to be worrying about that when choosing speakers . I would start by listening to as many speakers as you can find and get an idea of what sound you like . Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious about this because I just got this receiver as a gift. I have a budget up to about $600, and figure it would be a good time to buy speakers. My room is 15x15 and I mostly watch TV and movies with some gaming.

Also, should I wait closer to Christmas to get any better deals? Is this time a good time to buy?

Thanks!

Ray

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I've had good luck by watching the speakers I was interested in on Amazon. Prices seem to go up and down weekly there. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundlapalli5217 /forum/post/0

$500

Look on newegg.com for deals on Polk monitor series speakers. Sign up for email new letter they are always running a deal on them.

The pioneer speakers at best buy are a decent deal too.

A simple decent setup would be 2 pairs of Polk monitor30's with a Polk cs1 center and bicf12 subwoofer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts