AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a UHD 50(~$1200) from end Feb 2019. I week back 4k HDMI port is kaput. Receiver, cables are NOT an issue. Amazon is refunding the Projector !!
I loved the UHD 50 except brightness cud be more.

What are my choice(s)?

Screen MagicTicket 150"
Room : dedicated theater 14*18*9

I am leaning towards UHD 50 or BenQ 3550 (Want to stay around ~$1200 unless something cosmic is in horizon)

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have the UHD 50 that I got almost around the same time as you... if I was in your situation I’d hope I’d be taken into an insane asylum if I buy the UHD 50 over the HT3550 if I was lucky enough to get a re-do

Don’t get me wrong, I like the UHD50 but I could’ve gotten a better projector for around the same price with more features in the 3550 so that has soured me on the UHD50 purchase

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the UHD 50 that I got almost around the same time as you... if I was in your situation I’d hope I’d be taken into an insane asylum if I buy the UHD 50 over the HT3550 if I was lucky enough to get a re-do

Don’t get me wrong, I like the UHD50 but I could’ve gotten a better projector for around the same price with more features in the 3550 so that has soured me on the UHD50 purchase
Projector central says HT3550 can't do 150" for proper brightness????:mad:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

@the7mcs : Boy O Boy!! You were so right!! Just few hours of BenQ HT 3550.....why Optoma (or that UHD 50) is still in business? BTW my calculation reading was wrong, it was perfect for my room.

Man you know projectors, of course issues can happen to any unit but Quality you can see within few minutes !! (BenQ send me the check for free advertisement :D)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts