AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Samsung DVD-R4000 recorder is sort of a clone of the Panny DMR-E30 but if I remember right there were a few things the Sammy din't do compared to the Panny.

I think one of the things was in the "FR" Record Mode & I'm wondering what it was?

Because if you can't MANUALLY "FR" RECORD & PAUSE with it that would be a big drawback to getting it.

A friend is looking at a "Refurbished" R4000 that he can get for $100 & he thought it would be a lot better than the $99 China recorders & if I remember right about $50 less than a "Refurbished" Panny E55 goes for.

I tried downloading the R4000 Owners Manual but the only one I could get to download was a UK version of the R4000 & it could be different than the USA model was.

Any thoughts on this guys? Thanks

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Some of the Samsungs offer -RW(VR) as well as -RW(Video). I don't know anything about this particular model, but that is a plus. Pausing the FR mode is a HUGE feature (as I have discovered by its absence) .

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This Sammy model only Records DVD-RAM & DVD-R just like the Panny E30 model.

This is why I'm looking for info on the R-4000 & how it works in the "FR" Recording Mode.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after talking to him some more it turns out the R4000 with S&H comes to around $133 & change so for only around $9.00 more I told him he probably would be better off with the Panny E55 at $142.95 delivered from www.eoutletmall.com

At least I know the E55 will let you manually Record/Pause in the "FR" mode.

Anyone seen any deals on "Refurbished" ES10s?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.