AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the discrete codes upgrade board (Part # BP94-00502W) for my sammy HLN507W. Is this a big deal to install or should let a tech ( 80 miles one-way ) do it? Haven't found any posts on this, but thought someone must of done an install. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just curious, how did you get an upgrade board. I'd like to get one for my HLM617W, however was told by other forum members that the upgrades were no longer available. Is there a parts store for samsung that's offering the upgrade board? Thanks Jet

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
If you check in the Samsung Upgrade Program Announced FOR DLP UNITS!!! forum after the board started to be installed I'm sure you will find people who watched or helped the technician do it right.

As for the special Samsung upgrade offer it's been over since July 31, 2003. I assume that you can buy any part you want from a Samsung parts dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Jet_Heller
Just curious, how did you get an upgrade board. I'd like to get one for my HLM617W, however was told by other forum members that the upgrades were no longer available. Is there a parts store for samsung that's offering the upgrade board? Thanks Jet
I tried a quick search here http://www.samsungparts.com/customer...r_service.asp, but didn't find anything on hlm's. You might give them a call as I did.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John Parks
Price $338.25
Wow, that is a lot of money for a remote control enhancement. ;)

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
It is a pretty easy swap, if you are unsure, take lots of pictures with your digital camera first, but if I remember correctly, you really cannot screw it up that bad since each wire that plugs into the Digital board is keyed differently. The most important thing is to check the service menu to confirm the fan # and the bulb type. I will be getting a new Digital board installed tommorrow morning (under warranty, the DVI input died on my replacement one) so I get to watch again how it is done...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally posted by vfrjim
It is a pretty easy swap, if you are unsure, take lots of pictures with your digital camera first, but if I remember correctly, you really cannot screw it up that bad since each wire that plugs into the Digital board is keyed differently. The most important thing is to check the service menu to confirm the fan # and the bulb type. I will be getting a new Digital board installed tommorrow morning (under warranty, the DVI input died on my replacement one) so I get to watch again how it is done...
Thanks vfrjim. Would appreciate some pointers, as to what pannels and screws to remove etc. Hope everythings goes well with the replacement.

John

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Well, Tweeter showed up without the Digital Input board, got a new light engine though. I watched him remove the Input board and it is very easy, the bottom panel of the back of the TV is removed with about 16 screws, the analog input board just slides out, 4 screws hold the Digital Input board in, remove those and remove the wires (all keyed differently, so there is no chance of putting the back wrong), reverse this procedure to put the new one in. It should take under an hour to do this.

PS:I am not responsible if you screw up your set, do this at your own risk :)

Jim

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for you reply Jim. I would in no way hold you responsible. The only reason I an considering doing this myself is that when I had a bulb problem with my set, it took almost a month to get service. With 150 mile round trip, I guess I can't realy blame them. Thanks again for your response... hope your set is repaired soon.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.