AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered if there's anyone here who is sorta 'picky' about their music reproduction and yet using the front L/Rs of their inwall HT set for that purpose? I had planned on a separate music room for my 2-channel listening, but those plans are delayed at best, and I will have to do combination duty in the new HT. I'd really wanted to make it a 'real' theater aesthetic with stage, curtains, hidden speakers, etc but I could go with freestanding mains either in lieu of or in addition to the hiddent LR's.

I know it is all relative, but to give you an idea of what's between my ears, I have more value in my media collection than gear, and many more LP's than CD's. I am somewhat anachronistic in that I still put on an LP or CD and sit in the sweet spot and do nothing but listen.

At this point, I don't mean to start a brand/model advocacy thread, just wondered if anyone of similar preference/bias has trod this road and their opinions/experiences.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
you can create a nice "front three" speaker setup using in-wall closed back or "sealed" in-wall speakers. You do want to match the front 3 from a manufacturers series of speakers, even if some of your listening will be in L-R stereo mode.

Without knowing your budget, you can start acquiring information from one of the best, Triad in-wall speakers http://triadspeakers.com/products/in...crscenter.html

There are other excellent in-wall speakers from other manufacturers, and you should get some good advice on many of them.

The one issue you will need to research is a powered subwoofer. Most in-wall subwoofers are passive and you need to have a separate nono-block amplifier for each (you may want two). Or you layout your HT for free standing powered subwoofer enclosures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts