AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My reciever has been running like a tank with no problems until recently when I started mucking around with some configurations.

I normally turn the unit off when I am experimenting with cable hook-ups. This time I slid the unit halfway out and rested the front on a pillow as I normally do to reach my LFE connection. Well, I must have accidently hit the power button or forgot to turn off because when I pulled the LFE I lost all sound and video from the main zone!! I am not 100% sure if that is exactly how it happened as it was so fast and of course my heart kinda stopped.

This is really wierd as the unit responds to all remote requests. Zone 2 still works. When I power the unit up I hear all the appropriate clicks. I even see the trigger kick on my external amp. Just no sound or video for the main zone. I cant even get a test tone.

I unpluged for over an hour and eventually did the hard reset as described in manual.

Any ideas? Something else that I can try??

I have a repair center that I am planning to taking this to on Monday. Think this is a big one?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little more info regarding my problem. I have figured out that any digital feeds don't work including digital video. Everything else works fine as I can get analog signals to work fine but that kinda stinks as all my content is delivered via HDMI. I found the service manual on the internet and was able to locate all fuses which look fine. I am thinking I have fryed one of the boards... Any ideas as to which one?

Will this likely be an expensive fix? I can crack the case and replace a borad if it makes sense.

Also, if this is several hundred would it make sense for me to trash the unit and upgrade? FYI, I don't need 3d and drive a seperate Rotel amp...

Thx!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.