AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently when powering on my Samsung LNT4061f, Its almost 2 years old now(9/07) so out of warranty. When i turn it on after being off for the day it shows a bunch of purple pixels that carry over to all inputs and persist until i simply turn it off and on again.

But even more recently the screen starts up completely covered in vertical pixel distortions with a green stripe on the left. Its only distorted where the input is, so on an sdtv station 4:3 of the screen is distorted with normal black bars on either side.(pictured in the last attachment)

Any insight would be appreciated, I just keep getting the feeling any day it wont simply restart. It's only been happening the last five days and has already taken a step in a worse direction.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Check for bad capacitors on the power supply.

Reseat the lvds cable.

If still happening, replace the Main board $175.

If still happening, replace Tcon board (may not be available separately so replace panel).

If still happening, replace lcd panel $600.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn /forum/post/16940259

Check for bad capacitors on the power supply.

Reseat the lvds cable.

Can you point me in the direction of any reference to a good/bad capacitor? or how exactly one would reseat the lvds cable..

i knew i should have bought a warranty. But i am pretty interested in taking it apart

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Try google images. Tons of hits for "bulging capacitor". Flat top is good, round bulging top bad-

and "lvds cable". Reseat means disconnect/reconnect both ends-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.