AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night my HTPC switched to what looked like a lower res version of what it was displaying. To me it looked like the monitor switched to 16 bit color mode.

I'm running a PNY nVidia Geforce 3 Ti200. I downloaded new drivers, uninstalled the old ones, installed the new ones and still the same results.

I'm going to attach 2 screen shots of the monitor settings dialog is 16 and 32 bit modes. What I find interesting is the color spread below the selection is the same for 32 and 16 bit modes, I've never seen this before.

I checked the nVidia website and it was no help, anyone know happened and how to correct it?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
32 bit version, color bands look the same as 16 bit color. The 32 bit color isn't, it's really 16 bit, but why?

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just finished reinstalling windows 2k on my system. I installed w2k over the existing setup to see if that would fix any damaged files, but no luck.

I continue to get warnings when trying to start up applicatoins that need to run in 24 or 32 bit color depths. The PC thinks it's only got 16 bit color regardless of what the display properties say.

Anyone know if there are any registry settings that could cause my system to not be able to run in 32 bit color?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.