AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed rebuilt tubes into my G70 all in the same manner reversing the steps I took to take them out and the blue tube is buzzing and flickering when powered up, what did I do wrong.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Shawn

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Buzzing, as in making noise? Please clarify...Do you see any sparks or weird glow from the neck of the blue tube?

Why did you have to change tubes in a set that new?

Curt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curt

Thanks for the response

I bought the pj with burns on the tubes at a low price then bought a set of rebuilt tubes from Eric at Projector Specs

The best way to describe the sound when the tube comes on is a buzzing that seems to rev up to a higher pitch the image on the wall shows the red and green normal with the blue oversized and flickering

I pulled the tube back out check the various connections then put it back in once again. I also pulled the board and re seated it.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Hmmm, no ideas here. Is the blue yoke butted right up to the bell of the tube? that would cause a larger pix on the blue.

Curt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curt

Yes that was the first thing I checked and it is tight to front end then the next two slid tight against it. It had no problem previous to the change of tubes, well other than the tubes being severely burnt from a static graphic display. Is there something I can switch from tube to tube to localize the problem.

There is nothing visible on the blue image

the read and the green show the start up dialogue and the blue just flickers really fast with of course the

z z z z Z Z Z ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

sound

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
There is one other thing that can cause this. Check to see if the red HV lead is solid in the HV splitter. Arcing can cause the picture to bloom and buzz if it is not fully inserted.

Otherwise it could be an open lead or a break in the suc

tion cup (it does not come off) on the bell of the tube.

Curt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Curt

Ill check it out again tonight it does sound like arcing inside the tube.

Does it matter which location the HV lead goes into, I currently have them in the spots they were in before removal, could I swap the blue and green HV lead locations for example.

Thanks again for the help

Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.