AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfotunately it's in the low 20's here. So the speakers are extremely cold. And now that I have them sitting in the house there is condensation forming on the cabinets. Will this cause a problem? I know I need to wait for them to get to room temprature but how long should I wait considering there is condensation? Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I'd wait a couple hours and then rock...

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response Mit07. So you think they will be okay?

Mike

·
Registered
836 Posts
Plug them in and play.

Up here temps can hit -20 and colder (celsius) and I have never ever had problems with my car audio equipment.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just hoping there is not water in the amplifiers. It could cause a short when I plug them in which would not be good. It's now been about 30 hours. Should I try them tonight or wait another day?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by breedingamies
I'm just hoping there is not water in the amplifiers. It could cause a short when I plug them in which would not be good. It's now been about 30 hours. Should I try them tonight or wait another day?
I've played on stage in the rain before... not safe, but we never blew any amps. It takes a lot of water in the right spot to short something out. A little condensation won't hurt anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.