I also asked this in the HDTV Recording forum. No replies:( I am looking for

an inexpensive convertor that will accept comonent and output RGBHV (via

5 cable coax) to my Runco. Anybody????

D

·
Registered
596 Posts
Darrin,

Jeff is right. I did an install awhile back where we hooked the component out of an HDTV tuner through a Key Digital KD-CTCA2 transcoder to drive a Zenith Pro895 projector with RGBHV.

The little box worked flawlessly!!

Cheers, Drew

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The only thing I think will work is the Key Digital. The AA will

only pass through 480p.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Just to put it all in perspective, the "best" solution is the Extron transcoder...but it runs $800 and up. Key Digital's unit received favorable reviews from Li On, but others have noted that it sometimes has synching issues with certain signals. I would have to think that the Key Digital unit is probably the best bang for the buck; just be sure you can return it if it won't synch on the signal for some reason.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already decided to go with the Extron CVC-200. Just trying to get it

for a decent price. If I could find one for $400.00 I would be VERY happy!!

D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Can it do 15-50 khz and hand XGA 720P resolutions. I am confused on which one I should get. Between the Pro-895 and Pro900. I kind of like the black case.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ApoDoc
Can it do 15-50 khz and hand XGA 720P resolutions. I am confused on which one I should get. Between the Pro-895 and Pro900. I kind of like the black case.
Huh??? Who was talking about a Zenith?

·
Banned
6,553 Posts
Darrin,

FWIW, I am using the KD transcoder with a JVC D-Theater machine into a TAW-HD800 CRT projector with absolutely no problems or syncing issues. I would say try it with the guarantee that you can return it if it doesn't work for some reason, as mentioned earlier.

The images I am getting through it from JVC with the new D-Theater titles are simply AMAZING:D!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.