AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a da-lite hi power screen and am seeing Halos around whites and colors. Do I need to lower the brightness of the projector?

Also from 1.5x distance the picture is not as good as it is from 2.5x distance. I see pixels. Is it because I have a high power screen?

Can someone help me or send me some settings for L300u that I need to change to get the best out of the High Power screen. I would greatly appriciate it.

Or do I need to go with video spectra?

screen size - 52x92

mount - Table

L300u mode- Cinema, Low Power

No calibration just recommendations from this forum which worked pretty well when projecting on the wall.

Source - DVD panasonic RP62

·
Registered
354 Posts
Use a calibration DVD to setup the projector. I have the Sound & Vision disc and find it to work quite well, especially for a $15 investment.

When I started usig the HCCV Da-Lite screen the pixel structure became more visible. What made you decide to go with the hi power version?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Are you sure you're not seeing edge enhancement halos that are common to dvd's? Try different dvds and see if the halos change. I see nothing of that sort with my Pany 75U (ceiling mounted) and HP. I'm not sure I would have gotten a HP screen if my projector was table mounted though.

Scott

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds like edge enhancement.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I agree with the others, it's almost definately edge enhancement that's more easy to see on the brighter image. I had an ae300 + highpower and the component input definately has quite a bit of edge enhancement, and the associated ringing/halo artifacts, with the default sharpness settings. Try lowering that sharpness setting quite a bit.

Mike U.

·
Registered
643 Posts
With my High Power I started to see scan lines BIG TIME. It really bothers me sometimes especially when I look away from the picture and then look back. Oh well, what else do you expect from a 2k machine? Great all around besides the scanlines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.