AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

First post, so go easy. Trying to help upgrade my folks from their old 36" 4:3 tube, especially since they love to watch the Golf Channel.

Viewing distance:
13 ft.
Viewing time: mostly night, dim lighting

Right now I have the Panny TC-P50G15 for $1,269 shipped vs. the Sharp LC-52E77U for $1,281 shipped.

I understand they're both different technologies, and know the main differences in both, but I'm curious from folks who may own either one or have more knowledge than I about some of the key differences in the two panels and essentially which is better.

Also a little weary about having them shipped. Any tips on what to do so things go smoothly?

Great thanks in advance for your time, I really appreciate it as we're trying to pull the trigger tonight!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have been leaning towards the Panny, and will make sure to check it before the delivery man leaves. What exactly should I check for? Just plug it in and make sure the screen shows a picture and isn't cracked or anything? Any quick/easy way to check for anything else?

·
Registered
549 Posts
just look for cracks, anything that looks broke. for the most part it should be fine. and you mean the panasonic g10, not 15
and look cnet, gave this tv a 4 star rating and at that price for a 50 is nuts. I hope other company's learn a thing are too from panasonic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts