AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't really tell if something is wrong with my receiver or not. I watch regular cable television, through my ReplayTV (with RCA audio inputs into the receiver for audio), with Logic 7 enabled on my 7200. I do hear sound coming from the rear speakers but it's very weak.

However, at certain times, the rear channels will come alive (very loud) and then go back to their faint sounds... The same video material yields different results at different times and I can't find any logic (excuse the pun) to the situation.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Did I get a bad receiver? Do I have a setting incorrectly set?

Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the 7200, and have had no such problem...Do you have 7 speakers hooked up? I'm running 5 with the other two amps running Zone two stuff...

Check out your speaker settings...I'll duplicate, and see what happens...

What kind of material?

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
Is the source material Mono or Stereo?

If Mono, then it is likely the back surround speakers have limited output.

·
Registered
841 Posts
This is a common problem with L7 on most all Harmon Receivers and happens intermitently.

It is much more noticable with the 8000s I had (I had 4 that did it) but it also happens with my new 7200.

The good news is that it is usually during commercials or news programs and seldom will happen "during" an actual show (on the 7200)

Harman is aware of it and accepts it as a "hick-up" in the L-7 process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.