AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a HDTV monitor (want to save the money now, buy the decoder later) that is a 16:9, 40" at the most (NO projection) and one that supports ALL the formats (1080i, 720p, etc..). DOnt care about sound cause I just bought a Denon AVR-5800 w/ some Klipsch speakers http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif (sweet)

I looked at the Sampo, but I have been hearing of a recall or something like that. (last years model, anyone heard of the 2001's or even the 2's?)

HELP!!

I want to spend between 3-5k

Thanks,

chef423

------------------

MTFBWY!

Get the X-Box, you wont be dissapointed!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thought this looked familiar...

The SAMPO is it. It is the one and only direct view, 16:9 ratio flat screened monitor that does 720p natively.

Princeton Graphics offers a 30" HD monitor but it is NOT a flat screen. Retails for, I believe, $4200. Checkout www.princetonhdtv.com for more specifics.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I understand you might not like rear projection hdtv's.

But I think you might want to consider, because for the price of the unit , I don't think you can find anything like it. I don't know where your from, but if you have a store called GOOD GUYS.... SPECIAL ON 46" RPTV HD, made by

Mitsubishi wt46807 platinum series hd upgradable. ORIGINAL COST WAS $2599.00 NOW ON SALE FOR $1999.99.I think that's one sweet deal. No downpayment, no monthly payments, no interest for 12 months. It's 16:9. It does 480i,480p,960i,1080i. What more can you ask for. And this is flat screen. One hell of a deal! Please visit www.goodguys.com

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the Sampo, but I seen a thread in here about the TV's having some sort of problem. Does anyone know of the 2001's or 2's for that matter have addressed this issue??

chef423

------------------

MTFBWY!

Get the X-Box, you wont be dissapointed!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Go to Twice.com and you will find a list with key attributes of every hd monitor and integrated set available. You will find that your choices, given your criteria, are extremely limited.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
You are correct jeff43, the TWICE (This Week In Consumer Electronics) DTV Guide is not currently available on their web site.

I e-mailed Greg Tarr, TWICE Exectutive Editor asking what happened. He says the guide will return by the end of this month, updated with current information.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
756 Posts
That's wonderful news! The fact they're taking it off their site to update means they're probably going to do a real nice job with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.