AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a htib or great receiver to start with but I'm a little confused on what to look for.I currently have a sony 5.1 system that handles up to 600 watts but i brought it about 2 years ago so you can guess its pretty outdated.I see a lot of different 1000 watt systems that cost way less than some 525 watt receivers alone so I know i shouldnt be basing a system on how much wattage it can handle alone,my question is what should i be looking for then. I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Do you have a budget in mind?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Those cheaper high wattage system drastically over state their numbers going with absolute peak wattage each speaker can handle and not how much power the reciever puts out per channel.

Please tell us your budget? and features you want?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about that,my budget would be about $600 max but would prefer cheaper,hdmi slots,debating on whether it should be controlled by a blu ray player or a/v receiver and for any other features that"s why i need you guys help.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Whats the size of your viewing room?

Imediately the first two systems that come to mind at the Denon AVR-590ba and/or Onkyo ht-s6200

You are much better going with a system that is just a bonafide reciever as it will easily allow for future upgrades

1 - 7 of 7 Posts