AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently got a Gamecube, and I'm a bit disappointed that Nintendo never released a NES "classics" type game. My g/f loves the old Super Mario Bros. on the NES, and I'd like to get a game simillar to this (2-D format, and pretty easy). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-Travis

· Banned
1,387 Posts
Yes,

Buy a GB Player and buy all the old classic super Mario games for the GBA and play them on your GC via your GB Player.

Or, buy the game Animal Crossing as it has 19 original NES games encoded on it that you can unlock. You will need to buy a cheat disc to unlock them though, but they are cheap.

· Registered
3,372 Posts
Really, the best thing to do is get a GBA player, which will open up a huge amount of great 2D platform games. The best is the GBA version of Yoshi's Island (which has some horrible name like Super Mario Advance 3: Super Mario Bros 2: Yoshi's Island). Perhaps the best 2D platformer of all time (get rid of the crying baby and I'd get rid of "perhaps") and *extremely* GF friendly.

If you want to stick to pure GC title, I'm not aware of any 2D platformers. The closest thing in spirit would be some of the single player parts of Super Smash Bros. Melee or Kirby's Air Ride.

· Registered
Config: 7.2.4; Receiver: Denon AVR-X4700h, Display: LG OLED55C7P; Speakers: MartinLogan
711 Posts
I know you're looking for a 2-D Gamecube game, but if you have a Playstation 2, you might want to check out Klonoa 2.

Of course a GBA adaptor and GBA games have already been mentioned.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
I am really surprised Nintendo has not released a Classics disc for the GC. One with NES, SNES and N64 games. Hell I would love to have versions of their arcade games too. Especially the original Mario Bros. game. I ruled that game back in the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.