AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to tune in HBOHD 509 and there was no signal. Same with 199. Went to check signal strength and there was absoutely NO signal. Other (101) stations tune in fine. Looked at the dish and it does not appear that any cables came loose. It had been working fine for months. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Make sure the OVAL dish is selected. Remove power from the receiver for 3 min. then power back up. Check to see if you have ch400 in spanish. If you don't its a hardware problem. If you do and don't have 199 or 509 its a DirecTV issue.

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried the power down. Did not work -- it is a hardware problem. Have there been similar problems with the DTC 100 or do you think it is more likely a pointing or cable problem? If it was a loose cable somewhere, then I would not get 101 signals, would I?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Channel 400 does not come in. I am going to trim the tree that is nearby -- does not appear to be blocking it, butthe branches have grown and perhaps that is the problem. If that does not work I am not sure what to try next.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the same problem as you apparently have. Had been receiving channel 199 and HBO 509 for the past five months. Signal began weakening and finally disappeared. Like you, I've checked for loose cable connections, replaced cable connectors, swapped LNB's,etc. No blockage since I removed all trees in the path. Rechecked alignment. I've done everything that was suggested to you. No luck. Has to be in the receiver. Good luck on solving your problem. I've about given up on mine. Gaz

------------------

gaz

·
Registered
127 Posts
This evening the same thing happened with my SRHD500.

My cheapy DirecTV receiver upstairs is working fine. I have zero signal levels on all transponders on my MITS. When happened tonight??

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First I noticed was last night, but I hadn't tuned in to 509 in at least a week so not sure when it happened. The 101 signals come in fine on the same receiver.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not sure if this is relevant, but I lose all signal on 119 if I plug in my second receiver. With antenna connected to both receivers and no power, 119 on HD100 is fine. When I plug in the A50(101 only), I lose 119 signal on the HD100.

The dish configuration is single LNB dish pointing to 119 combined on a switch with one lead from a dual LNB dish pointed at 101. The other lead goes to the A50.

Has anyone ever seen this before? (Losing 119)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved. Trimmed a branch that had grown and now get 119 fine. It did not appear that the branch was blocking the dish -- I guess I did not realize how wide an opening it needed. Very touchy. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.