AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 5040 setup with the rf connections and a dish receiver. I tried to change to s-video and lost my guide. Changed back to rf and still no guide. Tried doing a Zone 243 7 net connect but it just locks up. I am using a modem and it has the 110 build. Please help I want to set it up for the new shows this week.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Did you try rebooting it? (Hold power switch for ten seconds, let it reboot, then try the net conneect.)

Changing video output shouldn't have done this, but other things will. A reboot will reset the modem, if that's the issue. Before rebooting, check to be sure that you *are* set to modem.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Unplug *everything* from the RTV (A/V, power, antenna, etc.). Then click the power button a few times. This should drain all the power so that all stored power is gone. Wait about 10-15 minutes, and reconnect it all.

For bad modem connect issues where the hard boot above fails, there's a procedure posted by ReplayLyndon which more or less (IIRC) involves pulling the power when it's stuck. Search for ReplayLyndon's name in the search function and it should show up.

Let us know how it goes!

(Can we assume you are on 5.0/110? :) )

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Just last week I lost the channel guide on my 5040. The whole thing blanked out and, since I wasn't able to connect via modem, I had to wait until I could get it to the office to update via ethernet. In the meantime, the unit merrily kept on recording the previously scheduled shows and displayed the proper episode descriptions for the recordings. So, even though the CG was blank, apparently the data was still present and available to the software.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Bayside, that's interesting... it must copy all the info into the 'I'll do this whenever' list. I've not seen that mentioned before!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.