AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5040 that has been disconnected for several weeks, pending a theater room reconfiguration. I finally hooked it back up tonight, and disovered I am getting an error message on both inputs AND the internal tuner saying "No Video Signal Detected".

The antenna and satellite connectors are definitely good, I triple-checked everything, and I even tried using a different antenna for good measure.

I rebooted several times, and forced net connect. It downloaded the new 110 software - the machine was previously still on build 75. Checked all my Input & Network settings - good. Checked system info - Lifetime Activation Paid. Looked inside the machine to see if any power or ribbon cables looked loose, jiggled them all just to be sure - everything looks fine. Did a 382-Zones to restore factory defaults.

If it were just the local channels that I lost, I would have suspected the RF tuner had gone bad, but I lost my external inputs as well.

If I were on a monthly subscription plan, I would suspect deactivation due to not connecting, but I didn't think that was an issue with lifetime subs - and besides, I'm not seeing any messages about a subscription problem. (What kind of message does the machine display if a subscription expires, by the way?)

This thing was working A-OK when I disconnected it, and it hasn't been subjected to any bumps, moisture, temperature extremes etc. in the meantime.

Obviously it's out of warranty. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crunchy Doodle, it took a while but I found your posts here :
Quote:
1) Press the power button to turn the unit off.

2) Disconnect the RF coax cable from the back of the unit.

3) Unplug the unit's power cord from the wall.

4) Reconnect the RF coax cable to the back of the unit.

5) Wait at least one minute.

6) Plug the unit's power cord back in and allow it to boot up.

7) Enjoy flawless ReplayTV operation.
I can't believe your suggestion actually worked, but it did(!), and I couldn't be happier. Or on second thought, I guess I could actually be a lot happier if I hadn't spent hours troubleshooting this ridiculous thing in the first place, but I've come to expect that with the 5040 by now.

Anyway, thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.