AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the lamp in my LT240K, went in and reset the lamp timer, and the picture comes up nice and bright and beautiful- EXCEPT there are these interference lines scrolling horizontally now making the picture unwatchable!!! I unplugged it and made sure the lamp was installed securely, and tried again and the same thing happened....

Any advice? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
That you changed the lamp is a coincidence unless you managed to knock something loose. The ONLY problem you will ever see from the lamp is reduced brightness/contrast. The lamp cannot cause any other problems with the image, such as wrong color, lines, etc.

No, something else is going on and it's going to take some investigating to figure out what it is. The first thing I would do is check the menu and see if it is also affected.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right. The menu was not affected, so I took everything apart from my rat's nest and reseated and cleaned everything and it works fine now. Not sure what it was.

And all I can say is "WOW!" It's like a new projector. I forgot how good it used to look. Anyone who has an old washed-out lamp, replace it NOW! The new lamps are only $225 shipped. It'll make the projector look like new. Sick.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Lines like that are usually a grounding issue where two devices have different ground potentials and produce whats called a ground loop. Though it is odd that yours appeared and disappeared like that. I assume you're not changing the outlet when doing this? If not, it may be one of those few times where something actually did get loose, like one of your connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts