AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to speakers in general and all I currently have is a Sony HTIB, I would really like to get a nice set of speakers that I could couple with the amp since I am going to be setting up my own projector soon for movies and games. I have heard good things about the Athena Point 5 MKII speaker set and it is relatively cheap I just cant find it online so I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions as to what a good quality brand of speaker set and sub I should get but I am on a little budget here so I am looking for something that is going to wow me for my buck.

Thanks for the help

Jared

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am guessing since these velodyne speakers are being closed out on the site that I couldnt go to a store and hear them in action. But they are loud and clear, that is all I want, and I am not really in a rush just trying to see how much money everything is going to cost me I am big on planning when it comes to money.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahimlee54 /forum/post/0

I am guessing since these velodyne speakers are being closed out on the site that I couldnt go to a store and hear them in action. But they are loud and clear, that is all I want, and I am not really in a rush just trying to see how much money everything is going to cost me I am big on planning when it comes to money.

I have the velodynes and absolutely LOVE them. I don't regret my decision for a second.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What sub would compliment those speakers very well? I have heard the Athena PS-4000 is really good or should I go with a BIC or a Dayton, I am willing to spend a large amount (200-300) of my budget on a nice sub, so I was just wondering what everyone thought about the three. I have read good things about the velodynes now on the forum and from pro reviewers so that will probably be my speaker choice espically since they are so cheap.

Thanks

Jared

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.