AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Malata N996 that I purchased from AVDeals back in January. It has whatever the latest firmware was back then. I have it hooked up to a progressive scan 16x9 TV and I always watch in progressive mode.

So far, it has worked flawlessly. However, now it is stuck in zoom when in progressive mode. I was watching a disc last night zoomed a bit, and I accidentally turned off the player using the front panel button. When I turned it on this morning, pressing the "feature" button did not bring up the feature menu. However it acted like the feature menu was up anyway, and I could zoom the picture by pressing the up/down buttons. Pushing the okay button at that point put it back to the (wrong) zoomed-in position that it was in when I turned it off last night. This was happening in both interlaced and progressive scan mode.

I tried the 5-sec Clear/Clear/Pro/Clear/Play procedure to reset the machine to factory. That fixed the problem in Interlaced mode. The picture is normal, non-zoomed, and I can see the feature menu. However, it still does not work in Progressive mode. I have tried everything, including unplugging the machine and doing the reset in both modes. No go. What's strange is that after the reset, the color is back to pink in Interlaced but remains blue in Progressive. It's like it only reset the machine for Interlaced mode.

Any suggestions? I'm at wit's end here. Thanks.

--Rog

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Rog I had a simular problem the fix was, unplugging the machine from the power source for 48 hours. I turned it back on all settings were normal, I believe that without power all memory added was lost.

When turned on again every thing was reset to default settings, my advice would be to unplug your machine for the same 48 hours. BTW I tried it at 24 hours, but it didn't work, 48 hours did.

Since you are able go out and enjoy your holiday, look or try some new gear at your favorite sound shop. Rog do anything to keep your mind off of your problem, this will allow your brain to reset from stressed out to normal unstresed thinking.

Do I hear a Roger Wilco on that?

P.S. U.S. Airforce 'slang' Roger AKA Yes, wilco AKA will cooperate, put them together you get....yes I will cooperate.

:)

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Hob's suggestion should work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys - I'll give it a try!

Luckily, I have a backup player to watch DVDs with during the holiday. But I sure love my Malata.

--Rog

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 48-hour unplug worked like a champ! Everything seems to be back to normal now. Thanks again, crew! I can breathe easy again.

--Rog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.