AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got a Sony RDRHX730, I really like it so far, I was just wondering how I can save the chapters I create manually since when I copy the show from the HDD to a DVD it does not save the chapters. Is there any way I can save the chapters after I recorded the show, or do I have to use auto chapters and it puts the chapters every 6 or so minutes

Thanks In advance

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I am not familiar with Sony DVD recorders but my Panasonic DMR-E100 requires 2 things to burn selected chapter marks to a DVD.

1. The program must have been recorded to the hard drive using "High Speed Mode".

2. After you have placed the chapter marks in the program on the hard drive you must use "High Speed Mode" when dubbing that program to the DVD.

If you don't use High Speed mode in BOTH of those operations, the user placed chapter marks won't transfer to the DVD.

Dave

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
As DaveC points out, it sounds like you are dubbing your hdd shows to disc in real time, instead of high speed dubbing. Real time dubs eliminate any ch marks you place on the hdd while it encodes the show to disc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC E100 /forum/post/0

I am not familiar with Sony DVD recorders but my Panasonic DMR-E100 requires 2 things to burn selected chapter marks to a DVD.

1. The program must have been recorded to the hard drive using "High Speed Mode".

2. After you have placed the chapter marks in the program on the hard drive you must use "High Speed Mode" when dubbing that program to the DVD.

If you don't use High Speed mode in BOTH of those operations, the user placed chapter marks won't transfer to the DVD.

Dave

Thanks man, I will give it a try,

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have the HX730, but I have a PDF of the manual.

Page 70 says...

"Before you start..

The chapter marks in the dubbing source are not retained in the dubbed title. When "Auto Chapter" is set to "On" in the "Recording" setup, chapter marks are automatically inserted at approximately 6 minute intervals."

So that sounds to me like...NO. That sucks. Funny things about the Sony. I read about it's features and it sounds great and then I read carefully and it has weird limitations that are so unfriendly to the end user.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.