AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After over a year of flawless operation, I turned in my projector and got a "No Sync" message on the screen. Unpluged RGBHV cables from projector and pluged into a monitor which worked fine so must be something in projector. Any suggestions? What simple things can I try first?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Probably a good cleaning and reseating of all the boards is what's needed.

Here is a link to parts and boards of the Marquee. Reseating of the Focus board and HDM is just pulling it out and putting in in a few times to clean the contacts, you dont have to remove any connections to do this. Just pull up and put back in a few times. http://www.curtpalme.com/Electrohome...e_Layout1.shtm

Location of FCM and HDM.

on the hdm their is a daughter board that also need to be removed and reconected.

HDM Pic

Next on the CLM there are some chips that can be taken out from their

sockets, do one at a time. you will need a IC puller from radio shack to do this.

Location of CLM:

CLM out of Set showing chips.

chip puller pic:

Clean all chips with some contact cleaner or Denatured Alcohol.

I use DeOxit:

Do one chip at a time and remember how it came out so you put it back in the same way.

Athanasios

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdschwartz /forum/post/16903157

Yep.. Did the Curt Palme Marquee Teardown once before about a year and half ago when I was having a convergence problem and fixed it then so here we go again.... WoooHoooo!!

if you already de-oxidized the connectors a year ago I will be surprised if it fixes it again. Oxidation shouldn't really build up that fast except maybe in sub-tropical climates

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Did someone select the wrong input perhaps. Press 'source', 01.

Mebbe a kid/wife thought source 02 would be a good idea.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curt - I don't let anyone touce the projector remote, but I will check to see what source it's on.

So I did a complete teardown and put it all back together and now I have NOTHING! I cant even get a menu on the screen. Any suggestions? I'm about to repeat the teardown again to see if I simply missed something or if something is not quite pushed in tight.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Orange standby light on control module( back of PJ) lit up?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK... Got sync and got picture.. WOOOHOOO! However, the picture is upside down and reversed. I will search through the forum and will post another thread regarding this.... How do I reverse the horizontal and vertical scan?

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts