Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with my 8501.

I have the 8501 connected to my computer via source 01 with the 5 port color/sync to a VGA on my computer. It is an ATI double VGA/DVI port card. I have my normal monitor plugged in the VGA and the 8501 on the DVI with a VGA dongle. Normally, perfect. Super movies and incredible gaming.

Out of the blue without any warning. I simply turned on the 8501 and the PJ flashed "no sync" I tried to swap displays and the computer said that there was no other monitor, ie. no signal from the 8501. I then rebooted the computer, during the bios the PJ did display the bios but it had a pink hue. Once Windows XP takes over then of course it went to the default monitor. Still I tried to swap displays, still nothing, as if it was not receiving any signal from the 8501.

I then disconected the 8501 and plugged in my wide screen monitor to the same DVI/VGA port. The computer recognized the signal from the monitor and it swapped over to the wide screen monitor.

All was working fine two nights ago. Nothing has been touched or adjusted, simply does not work.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Jim

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

A Marquee projector sends no clues to any graphics card as to a "monitor" being attached, perhaps your DVI/VGA cables lack the ID bits, certain pins in the cable need to be shorted to ground or the graphics card does not output correctly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tim,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you are saying, except it has been working perfectly until now.

When the computer is rebooting or in the non-Windows mode, the PJ does project what the computer is displaying but only with the red and blue CRTs. When Windows XP takes over it defaults to the default monitor. Then nothing on the PJ

Could it be that the 5 port source card on the PJ is "loose" or disloged.

thank you,

Jim

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
what about internaly generated menu's are they working properly on the green tube? Can you choose from different internall generated frequencies, does the PJ sync onto all of those properly?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes.

All internal menus work perfecty.

It's as if the green and the vert syc are not connected

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

A Marquee control board can react oddly when changing signals or recall memories; the problem is called 'snap' and involves misloads of digital parameters. Most things in the chassis have digital controls; if green is lost try hitting Exit and see if snap has told green to go dark; if this is the problem then try replacing CLM R35, if 680 ohms, with a 3300 ohm resistor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am tempted to say that you video card may have lost the green output on the analog part of your card. The reason you widescreen probably still works is that it uses the digital output of the video card and not the analog part. I had a broken green wire on my cable once and had the same pink hue you were talking about.

Try using a different video card or even try another computer and see what happens.

Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.