AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to power on my newly-acquired Electrohome Marquee 8500, I don't get that HV static sound, and the H-Fail led lights up. Here are some things I've tried:

1) Swap HVPS and LVPS from a working 8000

2) Re-seat HDM, Focus, VIM, Decoder, CLM, deflection proc

3) Pushed on socketed ICs for each of #2

4) Unplugged HV leads from HV splitter (one at a time)

5) Try power up with focus board out

I have another 8500 with the same symptoms, so I can't swap parts with it. Any other parts I could swap with a working 8000? Any other ideas to try? Thanks!

Cory

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

An M8000 lvps does not supply sufficient current to run an 8500, forget that. Try swapping horizontal deflection modules and take care that you use the forward h yoke connector for red, middle one for green, and the rearmost one for blue. If swapping HDMs restores operation, I may be able to repair the failed one. Some earlier HDMs behave oddly in later chassis but it should be good enough to diagnose with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tim,

Thanks for the response! I did what you suggested and swapped my 04P HDM from the working 8000 with the bad 07P HDM in the 8500. It fired right up, so I guess that's what I need. I'll contact you regarding the repair once I check out two more marquees that may need their HDMs repaired as well.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the LVPS.

Cory

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
You're welcome!

Director of Marqueeology

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Now that's a title that Tim's worthy of!..:)

Curt

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Well Curt

Mebbe no one else wants the title......:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.