AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Room is 22 x 22. Marantz NR1501 Receiver 50W/channel(I believe). I'd like to do a 7.1 system with small speakers similar to a Bose acousitmass 16 as far as size is concerned (not crazy about bose products, plus i want a 7.1). Price is not particularly important. Main use will be watching movies, listening to music and playing my 360 in pure awesomeness. Plasma TV, and I will be sitting about 12 feet from TV. This is a main living room area.

I will be glad to answer any questions. I hope i gave enough info. A big thank you in advance for all who offer help!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
If it was me, I just don't know if I want to put tiny little speakers in a room that size. I would atleast want bookshelf speakers. Without a budget, its going to be hard to give you any kind of advice because prices on speakers range are soo wide. What brands have you heard so far? What did you like or don't like about them?

·
Registered
637 Posts
With a decent budget it is possible to get a very nice system custom built, with significantly better performance than Bose with simmilar size(s) Might be a good idea to go a little larger if you can to realy fill that room, thats the biggest benifit of custom you can go bigger in the direction(s) you can and smaller were you need.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's say no more than $2000 for a price range. I did buy a Polk wireless sub just because it was a sweet deal but I'm not set on keeping it necessarily. Whatever I got would need to be wall mounted (but not IN-wall mounted) and at least fairly discrete as far a looks are concerned. Does that help any? Again, a big thanks to everyone for their help!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Look at the Paradigm SE1's. they are very small and could easily be wall mounted. They use the same drivers as the studio 10's, just in a cheaper cabinet. But the cabinet still looks a million times better then bose and the sound is nowhere near comparable.

You could definitely get a 5.1 done for less than $2000 and 7.1 would be close as most dealers give discounts. And if you want, you could use cheaper rears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts