AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my equipment. But how do you figure the draw on equipment?

I will have:

75" Samsung 7100 TV

Denon X2000 Receiver (used for 5.1)

Dual 300W subs

Blu Ray player

And thats about it. I don't know how to calculate max draw for speakers. Im guessing my subs won't come close to drawing full wattage...like...ever, but I used 600W for it. Now, how about the other speakers, receiver, tv?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I can do that for the TV, but how does the receiver work? Its an X2000. Online is says max watts per channel is 185. There are smaller numbers listed for different frequencies.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you're trying to determine what sort of dedicated power circuits to run, one 20amp (110volts x 20amp = 2200watts theoretically) will do all of that just fine. run 2 or 3 while you're at it, because it's easier than going back and doing it again.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran a single 15A dedicated. I can run a 20A any time because of the room placement. All of my equipment should pull no more than about 10-11A. But, if Im wrong, Ill just throw in a 20A on the side. I have access to that any time because of the room design.
Quote:
run 2 or 3 while you're at it, because it's easier than going back and doing it again.

Yes, but I can't get too crazy. The original electrician went a little overboard on circuits. There is plenty of capacity for my panels, but not much space for breakers. So, two extra circuits requires a little for-thought. In most cases I have separate circuits for lights and outlets, which is not really necessary.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazosdog02  /t/1498835/help-me-calculate-max-amps-of-draw#post_23930913

Yeah, I can do that for the TV, but how does the receiver work? Its an X2000. Online is says max watts per channel is 185. There are smaller numbers listed for different frequencies.
Sum up the wattage and plug it into one of those online ohms law calculators.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts