AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about 7 years since I've bought any new H.T. equipment, so I think it's time to upgrade my Denon 4802. Right now I'm looking between 3 models. The

Marantz SR5005

Pioneer VSX-1120( or Elite VSX-32) not sure if there's much of a difference

Onkyo TX-NR708

Any thoughts on which would would be the best way to go? all input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo819 /forum/post/19640313

It's been about 7 years since I've bought any new H.T. equipment, so I think it's time to upgrade my Denon 4802. Right now I'm looking between 3 models. The

Marantz SR5005

Pioneer VSX-1120( or Elite VSX-32) not sure if there's much of a difference

Onkyo TX-NR708

Any thoughts on which would would be the best way to go? all input is appreciated. Thanks.

You may want to read the thread for the X005 series and their "Pops of Death". They should have cured this by now so it may not be a problem. In this price range you can also consider the Yamaha 667 or one of the Aventage AVR's from Yamaha. The 1120 seems to getting good reviews but I've never used one so can't comment on it or its build quality. Probably a good buy for its price range. I don't recommend Onkyo at this time as they just didn't test that well after the X06 series IMO. I'm using the Onkyo 876 and its a good AVR. But will be replaced with a Yamaha in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.