AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got an Emotiva UPA-7 amp and hooked it up to my Pioneer VSX-74TXVi receiver, sounded pretty good and then I was moving things in the back and heard a loud pop and the receiver shut down, I unhooked the amp and checked everything, now if I have just one amp channel say the center hooked up and turn it on I get an ugly noise through the speaker, the receiver shuts down in protection mode and flashes amp err, the manual says this is serious and I think my receiver is done. My system is an older Mitsubishi 65 Diamond Series rear projection, does 1080i, I use a Dish network DVR HD unit, a new Sony Blu ray player that I haven't hooked up yet , an Xbox 360, one without the HDMI output, and the Emotiva amp, I plan to run the DVR and Bluray through the HDMI in the receiver and out to the tv which is a DVI connection I think, I currently have that HDMI to Dvi connection I've been using. I also have a SVS PC12 Plus to hook up. I'm thinking about the Denon AVR 1909, I'd like to know if this will convert my Xbox 360 component input to the reciever through the HDMI connection, also will I have to connect a seperate monitor out connection to the TV for the on screen guide? Thanks for any ideas, I need to try and get a receiver today, my stores availabe are only Best Buy and Circuit City, probably some good deals at Circuit City today. Thanks for any help or ideas.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
the 1909 does not have preamp outputs..you need to either jump up the 2809, or an even better idea would be to look for one of last years model denon deals.

look for a denon with a model number ending in 8 that has preamp outputs.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrSQ /forum/post/15578327

the 1909 does not have preamp outputs..you need to either jump up the 2809, or an even better idea would be to look for one of last years model denon deals.

look for a denon with a model number ending in 8 that has preamp outputs.

You might be able to pick up a new or slightly used 3808 for around 600 bucks. Look on Audiogon, you might find one there.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Checkout a nice Marantz at accessories4less; they all have pre-outs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts