AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for 51" to 55", 16:9, with basic sound (I already have a nice 5.1 sound rig).

At first I was Hitachi all the way (thinking of the 53SWX10B), then today I saw one of the new Sony 51" KP51HW40GRAY models, sitting next to some Mitsubishis, and I really liked the bright colors and sharp display, so now I'm leaning toward that.

I also saw the Sony decoder they were showing, which mixes satellite, OA, and cable feeds into one box. But it's $800! I like the fact that it combines everything though. Is this a good unit?

I can get the Sony 51" for about $2400, and so I've got extra to spend on the decoder, but I don't want one with a crappy interface as I've heard about the Toshiba.

Would appreciate any comments on the above.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Tosh, Mits and the Hughes are all the same, with the best menu compared to all of the other HD receivers. You can buy the Toshiba for 429.99!

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's almost half what I'd end up paying for the Sony! Is there any good documentation on these units on the net somewhere? I'm looking for specs and possibly on-line manuals.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.