AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a new house, and need some assistance with multi-room sound. The family room will have the TV, with 5 speakers, 2 fronts in wall, a center below the TV(maybe in wall, depending on stud locations) and 2 rears in the ceiling. I have an older Sony 5.1 receiver that I'll use in this room to power this setup. I'm placing 2 in-ceiling speakers in the formal living room, dining room and kitchen with volume controls in each room. All the equipment is coming from Monoprice. All the wiring runs to the family room where the receiver will be. My question is, what kind of amp do I need to power this setup? My receiver has a set of outputs for B main speakers, but I don't think this will be enough to power the other 3 rooms correct? This means I need an amp, right? Can someone make some recommendations as to what requirements an amp for this setup should have and maybe suggest some models? I'm only looking to play music for ambiance. I can live with a single sound source for all the speakers. At a minimum, I want to power the 3 pairs of in-ceiling speakers. If I wind up with enough extra wire, I may run some wire to the outside/deck and/or the master bedroom. I'm not looking to break the bank with this purchase, but I probably don't really understand what the true cost could be. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.