AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm in love with my vintage Polk SDA-2B after I upgraded the crossover, tweeters & resealed the cabinet. It's amazing what Polks SDA Tech can do.

If you don't feel like trying to find some vintage Polk SDA CRS speakers and then tinkering around with them...check some BMRs from Salk.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I’ll jump as a Dynaudio owner (Contour 20), I don’t have experience with the Evoke, but I know that people have spoke very highly of the Evoke 10 on the Dynaudio Thread. Not many/any I know that have demo’d the 20. Seems most people just jump to the Special 40 at that point.
Dynaudio is known for a smooth top-end sound, very detailed, easy to listen to, neutral and balanced frequency response, and strong bass.

Don’t know how Yamaha/Dynaudio sound together. As long as it has enough current delivery would be fine. I know a lot of people like Hegel recently, I use Naim and love that combo.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I would add Polk L200 ($1,800/pr) to the list of ones to demo.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I cannot tell you how much I love my Klipsch rp 600 m combined with the rp 500 c center.

I had $2k B&W and I sold them.

I’d put these v anything you can find for $2k

Superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
VR,

The GoldenEar BRX is another. Very impressive at CEDIA.

Once the COVID 19 matters calm can’t wait to return to NOLA to visit Commanders Palace again.

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Yes, I’ve been to their website.

Are these two companies related somehow?

I ask because both companies seems to offer similar speakers.
Salk seems to be a bit more custom design oriented...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
How do the Ascend Sierra 2EX compare to the Salk Supercharged SongSurround?
No idea...the Salks are even further out of my price ballpark, lol. Thank the gods I managed to snatch a BMR while Dennis still had some!

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I wouldn't say "used to work...together." I'm still working with Jim, in part because I like to play with toys like $7,000 diamond tweeters.
that would make me interested in the idea of "working with" as well .. pretty great incentive .. i want to know how it compares to the raal

·
Registered
425 Posts
that would make me interested in the idea of "working with" as well .. pretty great incentive .. i want to know how it compares to the raal
Here's a few comments on how they compare to the RAAL.... http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?6237-Diamond-Tweeter

Reactions: Lp85253

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
I have tried almost all of the ones on your list, and my preference would be as follows: (1) JBL HDI 1600 (not on your list), (2) Ascend Sierra 2EX, and (3) Buchardt s400.
We need more people trying those JBLs since we have a decent idea about the rest of these speakers now.

My guess is you preferred the JBL because you prefer a little more "excitement" from your speaker. In fact that is evident in your ranking. There is nothing wrong with that - we need to find what we like.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts