Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need some help in making the right choice for a budget HT projector. I have a few choices:

1. Used Panasonic AE500 (new bulb,6 mth warranty) for about $1100

2. Optoma H31 for about $1700

3. Optoma H27 for about $1500

4. Infocus 4805 for about $1700

5. Sanyo Z2 for about $1600

Please give me your recommendations on these models as to which would offer the most value for money, since in South Africa these units are more expensive than in the US or Europe!

Any other advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Erik

·
Registered
31 Posts
well, Im in the looking stage myself, so i cant really recommend which one.

But your prices are propally going to be edited out shortly by a mod.

that price for the infocus 4805...wow..yea dont buy for that, they are going a LOT lower that that. (do a google foggle search)

and since i see your range..why no mention of the Panny ae700u?

thats the one im leaning towards myself as of now.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Your decision should be based on budget, screen size, envoriment, room dimensions, viewing distance and viewing habits (ie , DVDs, HDTV, etc). We need all that info in order to recommend something.

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. I will be using this pj to connect to my MCe2005 machine in the living room, using component/VGA/DVI, whichever is best, my 6600GT supports all of them. It will be used primarily at night, and the room is pretty dark with lights off, in addition all windows are blinded. Viewing material will be recorded SD TV (no HD in South Africa), Live SD TV, DivX movies and DVD's. My seating distance is about 4 metres from the screen/wall I plan to project on.

Apologies for posting prices, but I felt it was necessary to show the relatively high prices we face here. Buying internationally is not really an option, as shipping is exorbitant ($300 on a $900 projector), and the high import duties in my country. I only post the prices as a guide to people on this forum, so that I can obtain advice as to the best bang-for-buck projector amongst those listed.

Regards,

Erik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.