AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgrading an old onkyo 605 for more hdmi ins and hdmi 1.4a with arc. I currently run a 5.1.

I would have considered the onkyo 609 but i have read too much about failure.

I read great things about the sc-35 but the other 2 choices have the features i want anyway for close to 1/3 of the price. I am in process of upgrading some old speakers to Energy rc 10s. So any of these avr's should work well. I probably plan to keep this avr for a while and maybe one day change my fronts to towers when i don't have to worry about waf.

Just give me some feedback to help my choice.

I am leaning towards one of the cheaper models to buy a new sub sooner rather than later, but hell i have good credit. Lol

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

I do not see how anyone would prefer anything but the 35 in comparison as it has a far more powerful Amplifier Stage, Preamp Outputs, etc.. The only advantage to the Denon is it having Audyssey, but the 35 is a much more expensive AVR that is now available for a very good price. Simply in another price range and league than the other 2. As there have been tons of 35 VS ...., there is a great deal more information on this.

Cheers,

AD

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiodork /forum/post/20860367

Hello,

I do not see how anyone would prefer anything but the 35 in comparison as it has a far more powerful Amplifier Stage, Preamp Outputs, etc.. The only advantage to the Denon is it having Audyssey, but the 35 is a much more expensive AVR that is now available for a very good price. Simply in another price range and league than the other 2. As there have been tons of 35 VS ...., there is a great deal more information on this.

Cheers,

AD

And believe me, I have read a ton of them. Just really on the fence if the SC-35 will be that much better.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/20861588

I seriously doubt you can get the Denon 2112 or Pioneer 1021 for 1/3 the price of this:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...-Cat80&topnav=

You can't! Even if all of these receivers were the same price, I'd take the SC-35 in a second. And for $750, that SC-35 is a no brainer. Such powerful amps and packed with plenty of features!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide /forum/post/20862091

You can't! Even if all of these receivers were the same price, I'd take the SC-35 in a second. And for $750, that SC-35 is a no brainer. Such powerful amps and packed with plenty of features!

The 1021 is about $390 on slickdeals, and saw something about the 2112CI shipped at $450 in one of the threads here. The 1021 price is accurate, not sure if the 2112CI is YMMV or not. I can find the thread, but the Costco deal has tax for me @ $802.50. My Costco CB is 1%.

Thanks for the input.

Edit: Found the thread. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1355862

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.