AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read so much about both sets and don't know which way to turn at this point.

The 2 sets in question are Sony KDS-60A2000 and The Mitsubishi WD-65732, I currently have a Sony GW3 and while I'm happy with it, I would really like a bigger set and would also like to have 1080p for my ps3 for movies and games. Sitting distance is about 10'.

Have had all of the typical problems with the GW3, buzz, optical block issues all covered under warranty.

I would like to hear any opinions on the 2 mentioned above as well as any personal experience with these sets.

Both of these are exactly the same price at Best BUy right know so its not a money factor in that regards.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't give you a lot of information, but I went with the Sony 60A2000. Mine was delivered early yesterday morning. I ordered it from B&H, which was a lot cheaper than any place locally. I've had Sony TVs for years and have been very pleased with them. I didn't consider the Mitsubishi. My choices came down to the Sony and a JVC model. I picked the Sony due to my past experiences.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't own either but when I was buying recently the Mits was 2nd on my list and the Sony 3rd.

The Sony has the Green Blob issue, obviously, and also seems to be crusading to use their products to advance their technology formats. So it's fine if you want to live in a Sony universe and only connect your Sony TV to Sony PS3 and what not. But kinda a pain otherwise (no 1080p over component, e.g.)

And there seem to be many more unhappy purchasers in the Sony owners thread than the Mitsubishi.

If you want more reading, this guy's stuff is pretty interesting and he's coming at it from a strict consumer standpoint without getting swamped up in the tech specs and comparisons which can be sometimes more confusing than helpful: http://www.breakitdownblog.com/categ...ubishi/page/3/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.