AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one

i just bought JVC DLA 550 HD and am looking for screen so can any one help plz.

my room detail is :

T 15,9 W 11,11

height of my ceiling 8,9

seating distance 12,6

the throw distance is 14,2

behind me shelf or rack table I've but all my devices and am planned to put the pj in the top shelf 5.10 Height.

the wall is med gray.

the light is controlled .

it is multi-purpose room am gonna use the PJ 95% movie maybe some sport , already have tv ,so i think the only option form me is motorized screen & tension .

the question is 120 16:9 will good for me because my room not that big ?

i wish i can get 120 but am afraid the screen it will be too big.

i found this module from elite

elite cine tension2

TE 120 HW2-E20

the price 800-900

is it good or there is batter choice ?and the type? Cine White or power gain

thank you so much for help me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
120" will be fine. You are at about 1.4 seating distance to screen width ratio wich is good. I would take a look at carada Brilliant White screen material. I ordered multiple screen materials and carada is the only one with no sparkles (which drive me crazy) and no visable screen texture.

·
Banned
960 Posts
I second the carada advice. Although it's a great price, if you could up your budget a bit i'd recommend you go with something like a Da Lite or Carada.

Benito

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys about advice the qustion is the carada is it only the martial ! because i couldn't find it tensioned and the only reason i want tensioned cause i have tv in front.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Email the manufacturers and order samples of the screen materials you're considering. I'd recommend that you also obtain a sample of Da-Lite's High Power 2.4 fabric. Read Tryg's "HIGH POWER a Review!" thread for more info & opinions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts