AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Him actually starting from scratch I want to spend no more than 500 usd on a pair of speakers and 200 on an av receiver I have been reading reviews and from what I have seen those 2 options are good

Been checking prices on newegg and accesories4 less

I listen mostly to alternative rock music so what do you say?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Another vote for the A3's. Arx makes amazing speakers for the price. you will hear things in your music you never thought was there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon  /t/1524475/help-me-choose-yamaha-ns777-floor-standing-speakers-vs-klipsh-f30#post_24535640

I would go with these Arx A3rx: http://chanemusiccinema.com/chane-arx-loudspeakers/A3rx-c

You can read up on them, but they have a big following and are some of the best performers under $1000.

For a receiver, I would go with this Denon, http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavre300/denon-avr-e300-5.1-3d-networking-receiver-airplay/1.html

It comes with Audyssey room correction, networking, and plenty of power to drive the speakers.

Never Heard of that Brand as I can see the only way is to purchase directly from the webpage it seems hard to find them on a store right? with the receiver i had been looking at that denon receiver so you are helping me reassure that´s a good option. Is there any other suggestions in that Price range that i should consider try not to go really high on Price $276 each is something i would be willing to do but if you send me a $350 option im out.

·
Registered
19,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben v  /t/1524475/help-me-choose-yamaha-ns777-floor-standing-speakers-vs-klipsh-f30#post_24536082

Is there any other suggestions in that Price range that i should consider try not to go really high on Price $276 each is something i would be willing to do but if you send me a $350 option im out.

Boston A360
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/bosa360gba/boston-acoustics-a360-dual-6.5in-3-way-floor-standing-speaker-ea-blk/1.html

·
Registered
278 Posts
I owned Yamaha NS-777 speakers, but had to sell them due to space constrictions. At first they sounded very weak. For some time I thought I made a mistake. Fast forward a couple of weeks later after breaking them in and they sounded amazing. Nice deep low bass, very clean mids and not overly bright yet crystal clear highs. If I had a dedicated room I would've never sold them. Just make sure you let them breathe as they can get boomy. I think you will be quite satisfied if you go the Yamaha way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f  /t/1524475/help-me-choose-yamaha-ns777-floor-standing-speakers-vs-klipsh-f30#post_24536554

I owned Yamaha NS-777 speakers, but had to sell them due to space constrictions. At first they sounded very weak. For some time I thought I made a mistake. Fast forward a couple of weeks later after breaking them in and they sounded amazing. Nice deep low bass, very clean mids and not overly bright yet crystal clear highs. If I had a dedicated room I would've never sold them. Just make sure you let them breathe as they can get boomy. I think you will be quite satisfied if you go the Yamaha way.
Yes but i just noticed is hard to get one of these they are all sold out everywhere, you cannot get them at 250 USD as i saw them first advertised

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben v  /t/1524475/help-me-choose-yamaha-ns777-floor-standing-speakers-vs-klipsh-f30#post_24536972

Yes but i just noticed is hard to get one of these they are all sold out everywhere, you cannot get them at 250 USD as i saw them first advertised

You can get them factory refurbished for $250: http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamns777/yamaha-ns-777-3-way-8-bass-reflex-tower-speaker-each-black/1.html

Generally this means there is a minor cosmetic flaw, but they are still in 100% working order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts