AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I'm selling my Klipsch promedia 2.1 to finally get a real pair of speakers + receiver. I love my Klipsch. They gave me a taste for good sound (I still remember the first time I heard John Lennon chewing is gum in All You Need Is Love).

I made a list of what fits in my budget and here is the round-up:

Polk Audio RTIA3 - 350$CAD (150$ rebate) normally 500$

Energy CB-20 - 350$CAD

Klipsch RB-10 - 250$CAD

Paradigm ATOMV6 - 350$CAD

Paradigm MINIV6 - 500$CAD

Axiom M3 - 350$CAD

I cannot try everyone of them. What I'm looking for:

Power is NOT important. They will be close to my head.

I'm looking for awesome mids and a very detailed sound (but I don't want it to be aggressive to the ears).

They will be use on a Onkyo receiver.

· Registered
634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal KiIIer /forum/post/16847933

but I don't want it to be aggressive to the ears

did you notice any ear fatigue with your Klipsch system you are going to replace? Klipsch is notorious for having a bright sound, which can give some people ear fatigue/headaches/it was "aggressive to their ears"

i dont know how big of a difference the pro media to the RB-10s are, but i would imagine if you liked the Klipsch sound before, you should be ok with the RB-10s. if possible, go out and give them a long listen (more than just 5min)

· Registered
194 Posts
I have the Rti A3's. I like them quite a bit. I found that i really needed the sub to get the fulll experience from them.

Just wanted to let u know that you can get them alot cheaper on polk's ebay site. They are refurb but they have a warranty.

· Registered
634 Posts
congrats! ive been thinking about some Paradigm Atom's for a bedroom/2nd sytstem i plan on setting up. i would love to hear your impressions of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.