AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really confused between those models. plasma vs LCD vs LED is a history match and i know plasma is best for movies and LCD for gaming/pc.

any way my use for the tv will be focused on :

-xbox 360/ PS3 gaming, some pc games .

- 3d blu-ray movies, animes.

- streaming movies HD from networks like hulu, amazon and so on.

-playing own tv series show files mostly 720p.

- soccer games UEFA leauge and premium LEAgue on HD and 3d.

i have list my daily very specific. i own now series 6 samsung LCD 2009 model 40 inch. i decide to go big since the price is good ( not really good but reasonable since the last 2 years).

does the UN648000 worth the extra money or the pn is enough cause i have read decent reviews focused on the pn648000.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I do all of those things on my plasma (except 3D soccer) so I would say the plasma over the way more expensive LED TV

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist /forum/post/20894917

I do all of those things on my plasma (except 3D soccer) so I would say the plasma over the way more expensive LED TV

Per another posters suggestion, I am looking at the plasma above

what advantages does it have over the LED (LCD?) in this thread?

thx!!

·
Banned
710 Posts
One thing nobody mentioned is you can't stream Amazon ona samsung plasma (not sure about lcd). Of course if yuo have a blu ray with streaming you could do it through that. Or I suppose conenct your compiter to the plasma to stream driectly, but that wouldn't be as ideal really.

Most people on this site say they would not buy a samsung lcd because they're known for having more flashlighting than many brands.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
The 65D8000 is an atrocity. It is a big edge lit panel with poor screen uniformity and contrast. Panels this large magnify the short comings of edge lit technology.

If you must have an LCD and want a larger screen, look at the 835 from Sharp. The 65VT30 or 64D8000 would be the better performing products though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
watched tron 3d in a BB theater setup today on the 64 samsung plazma

its insanely awesome

the 70" 735 was a few units down

I really like the size of that screen - esp for 3d - but the whites on the feed they had (store feed?) looked terribly grainy or pixilated -- whatever you want to call it, it looked bad

I never saw that on the samsung with the same feed. i did make them change it over to a 3d movie so i could get a look and it was amazing

plus, seeing the plaz next to other LCD or LED machines was nice. i have a sam plaz now and today i was reminded why i went with plz -- it looks more "real" to me ... better skin tones etc and its not as bright as an lcd, which i prefer. plus i plan on watching sports on this unit and i hear plaz is better for that

·
Banned
710 Posts
yeah, I really think 51 inches is too big for me, yet the stunning picture of the samsung has made me go through trying to force my brain to think 51 inches is ok because I don't want anything elss stunning. lol

I kind of wonder if I should scrap my plans of getting a n oppo blu ray player because I don't see how anything could be much crisper than the tv already makes them, even including regular dvds.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/21090826

The 65D8000 is an atrocity. It is a big edge lit panel with poor screen uniformity and contrast. Panels this large magnify the short comings of edge lit technology.

If you must have an LCD and want a larger screen, look at the 835 from Sharp. The 65VT30 or 64D8000 would be the better performing products though.

I agree. After a lot of research, I'm in the market for the PN6D8000. There is also the D7000 as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts