AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about $1500 to spend and in the market for a 40" LCD TV. The TV does not have to be 1080p. The TV is for my living room, i do not play games on it. It would mainy be for watching television and a few Dvd's here and there.

So after going to Bestbuy and CC and reading various reviews online i narrowed my choices to:

Samsung LN-T4053H or the LN-T4042H. Besides looks and higher contrast ratio (8000/7000) what else is new in the 4053H.

Another major concern i had is 4053H retails for about $1900+taxes(8.5%+) at stores here in chicago. Online its price is $1450 with no tax n free shipping from amazon. Would buying from amazon be ok? What are their return policies? can ppl here help me with that?

Or should i go for the Sony KDL-40S2010? Any other recommendations?

The last choice would be the Panasonic Plasma TH42PX77U.

Help help help!!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Sounds to me like one of the sony xbr's would be suited for you, they are good at upscaling dvd's and SD material, the samsungs arent as good as that, you can pick up the older 1366/768 sony's cheap atm.

·
Registered
496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prawn_sandwich /forum/post/0

Besides looks and higher contrast ratio (8000/7000) what else is new in the 4053H.

Before spending that much money on a LCD you might want to wait a few months for the new models to come out. They will be 120 Hz and LCD backlit, so the picture will be much clearer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.